Sunday, December 9, 2012

I Love New York

Hello! So I've had this blog forever but rarely use it and have decided it's a better place to store my long posts about both my life and actual relevant things to the world than the tumblr I use. So I just recently took a trip to New York City for the first time which has been a dream of mine for like ten years and now I'm going to tell you the three best parts of my trip.

  • The highlight of the first day of my trip to New York was most definitely seeing The Heiress on Broadway. I was in the perfect spot with the plot where I had seen the movie a year or so ago, meaning I still knew the general scheme of things and recognized a lot as it happened but there was still enough surprises to keep me interested. But the real reason for this part of the trip was that Jessica Chastain was in the cast. Also Broadway is just such a dream of mine so it was a requirement of my first time in the city. I loved the play as Chastain used her somewhat unique style of acting to bring just the right amount of drama and power to this wonderful character. The arc of the character is shocking if only because women do not always receive such wonderful character arcs and Chastain wonderfully displays the changes of her character and surely should be noticed by all for this powerful performance.
  • On the second day, we went to the most entertaining place I've been in such a long time, Dylan's Candy Bar. I'd definitely seen a segment on one of those E! shows about how the rich and famous live that highlighted the store and since then I've always wanted to go. It looked like the fun and playful version of youth that people always tell me should exist in my memories. It really did sell that though. There was every kind of candy you could imagine and it all looked so cool and was just a delight to be in. Shopping can be really tiring I find and my legs never seem to enjoy it but I could have stayed in that candy store for so much longer. Such a wonderful idea and a fun way to spend the day.
  • The last highlight of the trip and the entire reason I went to New York City was to see One Direction perform at Madison Square Garden. I've been a fan of the group since the very end of 2010, right after their season of the X Factor had finished where I was too obsessed with Cher Lloyd to pay proper attention to any of the other contestants. It was my third time seeing them but they just have me so obsessed that it is always worth it. The concert was pretty routine and not too far off from their Up All Night tour, at least in terms of set list. I found this odd considering the brand new album they could be promoting but the inclusion of C'mon C'mon and Kiss You made up for it. It's always fun to see them and although they could bring a bit more to the stage, they always are great vocally and bring a fun experience. Ed Sheeran was the "surprise" opener although I definitely had a feeling he'd be there and he sang the songs of his that aren't as bad although he really went on for a bit on some of the songs. But not bad for somebody who doesn't get me too excited. It felt really special to be there on what they kept calling the best night of their lives and it was so lovely to see them come so far that it got me emotional a couple times. Can't wait to see them again next summer woo!
So those were my personal highlights of my trip to NYC and I just loved the city and hope to go again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment